Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 5

Last night had Ilana and I sleeping in this awesome B&B. The breakfast was amazing. A little fresh fruit to start with. Yogurt with some raspberry sauce thing they make, and home made granola. Then scrambled eggs and toast. All delicious. And organic, environmentally friendly, etc.
We drove from Boulder to Omaha, NE today. Good god it really is just clouds, sky, and corn fields. Since today was kind of boring, I'll post some pictures from the last couple of days.
I was impressed with downtown Omaha though. We went to this spot called the Old Marketplace. Many really nice restaurants, art galleries, boutiques. Kind of surprising considering the area surrounding it. Picture was a very cute Cinderella looking carriage. It had little lights on it and everything.
 I'm not quite sure what those pillars are from, whether they're man-made or just happen to be there by awesome happenstance.
 Some random graffiti on a boulder
 This ridge was called the Devil's Backbone. Had to take a photo.
 Something about the rock formation to the left makes me feel like it's giving me the finger. Like, "Fuck you! I hope you enjoy the S curves and crash into the river, sucker!"
 ....said river.
 Cheeky chipmunk mentioned in the previous post. It was weird, there were these tiny skinny twitchy chipmunks, and then these fat ones. Although, this one is a little trimmer.
 Water was soooo cold but refreshing after the hike.
 It's so green!
 This chipmunk- I narrated him. He kept approaching and bobbing his head and standing up, and skittering back and forth like an overexcited puppy so I said "Oo! Oo! Nuts?? Do you have nuts? Gimme! Want!"
 Dick joke
 Boob joke
They never get old.
 This is not a statute.
 I've seen cars before with the "clean me." Never one with :( before.
 Weird bales of hay formations.
 The corn, clouds, and sky.
Random dinosaur
Tomorrow- Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment