Friday, March 23, 2012

Sooo, It's Been Awhile

 Well, I figured it was about time I updated on a bunch of stuff that's happened since moving home. It's gonna be a long post. Around late September/beginning of October I got my work space all set up:


Started cranking out a bunch of jewelry for a small art festival that's held yearly at the temple my family and I used to belong to. That happened in December:



Before that though, was the freak ass snow storm the weekend of Halloween. The leaves hadn't fallen off yet, and now I know why they have to before it snows- all that extra surface area, the branches can't take the weight of the snow, and snap. Sooo many downed trees from that weekend. We lost power for 5 days. It was freaking warmer outside than in the house. FUN.

 Oh shit son. Yeh, NYC trees have zero root systems to keep them anchored to the ground
 There was something about the way the branches couldn't take the weight, how they split from the center. Made me think of a peeled banana.

Just another downed tree in the neighborhood




Moving on. Got sick for New Years, so that was awesome. It had been a while since I've had such a bad sinus infection- my face felt like it had been beaten in, and the pain radiated down into my goddamn teeth. Did 2 commissioned projects in December:

 sterling silver with cz
copper hannukia 

February I had a table at a temple's annual fun raiser:


Oh yeh, in January I went to VT for a weekend. So cold, so goddamn cold. About 10 F during the day and then below 0 F at night. Got some pretty pictures when we went for a walk. What was great, is when I got home to the 30 degree weather I was like "!!! Psh, this isn't cold! I just need my sweatshirt."

 Pretty little brook



 Yes this is beer in glasses being kept cold in the snow bank. Need I mention it was also -0 F out?
 So, this is ice on the window INSIDE the room. Condensation from inside froze on the windowpane since it was so damn cold out.
 I'm pretty sure the trees are completely ice covered. Really pretty.
Turns out some old factory was burning the fuck down

And, here are a bunch of the pieces I've made since moving back to NY:

 Copper acid etched
 Copper forged
 Copper star of david on leather band
 Copper Tree of Life Hamsas. Have them in nugold in a larger size too.
 Cloisonne Hamsa
 Sterling silver double hearts
 Cheesy little glass heart necklaces

 Filigree style Hamsas in copper, nugold, and silver
 Nugold acid etched cuff
 Also nugold I believe, acid etched
 Mexican Fire Opal in sterling
 Star of David in stilver
 Silver with garnets and amethyst in center
 I've got a thing for labyrinths, set with opal



I think that possibly about covers it. Went out to Cali for 2 weeks to visit with friends, got back mid-March. Finished that feather commissioned piece. Have been doing some work for another jewelry designer. Mostly been looking for work in the industry. Hopefully I'll get something. Will try to keep this updated more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment