Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 10 Cross Country Adventure

Today we woke up "later". I think Ilana woke up around 8, myself around 8:30. Had a later breakfast. We were going to do the Bell Rock Trail right by the hotel, but latest checkout was 11:30 and we wouldn't be able to have a shower after the climb. Which would not feel so great when we would drive from Sedona to LA. We had also heard about rain. Which ended up not happening while we were there. It was quite beautiful out actually. We ended up walking around downtown Sedona some more. Ilana finished buying her gifts for family. I got my fudge from their awesome awesome fudge shop. Three words- Dark Chocolate Mint. Does not get any better.
Today's drive went well. No real traffic of which to speak.
Since we were leaving from downtown Sedona my GPS gave us directions that we wouldn't have used if we had left from the town the hotel was in. Turns out it was a good choice. There's a nice scenic view point looking back at Oak Creek Canyon, which we drove through:


Part of the winding road that took us up to the scenic view.
Once again dealt with driving west straight into the sunset. When I wasn't being blinded this was probably one of the most beautiful drives. California when you first enter it in the Mohave Desert area is gorgeous. With the colors from the sunset, I really wish I could have gotten more pictures. Ilana did me the favor and took a few while I drove.

 By the time we checked into our hotel we were starving. I had basically advertised to Ilana that Pico was this paradise of kosher restaurants. I must have oriented myself wrong because I managed to drive the wrong way on Pico to find said restaurants. We finally made it and had delicious kosher Chinese food. Go meat!! We even took the leftovers since we have a fridge and microwave in the room. Can you say tomorrow's lunch?
Anyway, tomorrow we'll find something to do for the morning and then head out for the final leg of this cross country trip out to Sacramento.
PS- reread old entries to finally get some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment