Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 4 Cross Country Adventure

Today, Ilana and I left Oklahoma City. It was seriously foggy. I really mean it:


Anyway, it actually cleared up a bit and at one of our many pitstops I got this great picture (we're in the middle of Oklahoma, somewhere).

In Oklahoma City it was in the low 50s. In the location of the above, it had dropped probably about 10 degrees. Once into Texas, I think it dropped another 10. Very very cold. And it got foggy, again. After our lunch break in Amarillo (which is really more of a large town, and many many hotels for people driving along Rt-40 to stay at), it started to snow. Huzzah! It snowed off and on for the rest of our trip with varying degrees of heaviness. Ilana did a great job driving my car in the snow. Here's a nice picture of driving through the snow in New Mexico:


We arrived in Santa Fe, NM safe and sound around 7ish NM time. Some serious awesomeness- I had reserved us a nice hotel suite, 1 bedroom, 2 queen size beds. Ilana had some nifty Hilton Honors member # that she submitted after I had made the reservation a couple of weeks ago. Little did I know what that would mean for us. We open the door to an awesome common area. There's a tiny fully equipped kitchen (which we won't get to use, but still cool). She goes to the left, and it's a nice big room, but I look to my right, and lo and behold, there's another room. We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, each with our own bathroom. Her room has 2 queen beds while mine has 1 king. I have never slept in a king sized bed before. The next few nights will be amaaaaaaaaazing. I should probably take a picture while the bed is still pretty. Tomorrow is a well deserved day of rest with some intense spa action. Will give details tomorrow night. Ending tonight's post with the obligatory interesting/funny pictures:

There were Native Americans driving the car, dream-catcher hanging from the rear-view mirror as expected.


Yeah, wind energy!


Tornado shelter, aka women's restroom
 

Umm, right.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment