Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 5 Cross Country Adventure

Oh. My. God.
If you, or anyone you know is ever going to Santa Fe, NM, they MUST go to this spa. It is amazing. It was soooooo worth it. http://www.absolutenirvana.com/ We did the deluxe treatment. Ilana and I both chose Chocolate Decadence, because honestly, who wouldn't. I thought I might come out smelling like a chocolate cookie, and I wish I did, but, even without smelling like one, it was amazing. This is what my room looked like:


First, I got a hot water foot bath. The woman sprayed some sort of citrus-y oil and massaged it in. She gave me a little sake-sized cup with some sort of cacao, acai, blueberry concoction. It was delicious. Filled with antioxidants and whatnot.
Then, I got on the table. She used some scrubby glove and a cocoa powder/rice powder mix. There were massage oils and a nice long full body massage. It was also delicious.
Next was the "body mask" thing. First was a liquid-y honey rubbed on, followed by a cocoa powder and cinnamon mix scrub. Then warmed up yogurt. Which cooled very quickly, so they wrap you up in warm towels. After that I showered off, shampoo and body wash provided.
Next, possibly the most awesome part of the whole experience (besides the massage) was the rose-petal bath. I shit you not:


On the plate on the side of the tub- fresh strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, and grapes. And their own homemade organic chocolate truffle. Basically I sat in the water and stuffed my face. The fruit was so unbelievably fresh. Even the pineapple was sweet and not too tart. I kept alternating a bite of strawberry and a bite of truffle. At one point I dabbed some strawberry in some of the cocoa powder that flaked off onto the plate. Even with the thought in mind not to breathe in, I breathed in. Never a good idea when putting something powdered in your mouth. There is a tendency to choke. Oh, and in the little tea pot was fresh brewed ginger tea. Also good.
I couldn't lay longways, I kept floating awkwardly so I just sat sideways and propped myself with my feet. Played around with the rose petals- ie, crushing them to my face and inhaling.
They ring a little bell to let you know bathtime is done and you need to get out. They also made sure we drank enough water. All told, the entire experience was about 2 hours.
Really. Really. Amazing. Best decision I ever made. Well deserved.
After Ilana and I had some lunch, and visited a Trader Joe's for some snacks and such.
Not sure what we'll do for the rest of the night, as it's only 6 pm here.
Some random things I forgot to share- In Oklahoma I kept forgetting to get pictures of these signs, but, when we would come upon a small town, they would have a sign "See Town X!" and underneath would be a list of things to see. Also, a new sort of buckle-up admonition: Buckle Up. Arrive Alive.
Funny name- in Texas, the County of Deaf Smith.
And lastly, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico share the distinction of having an awesome speed limit of 70 and 75 mph at times.
Today's funny/random pictures:


My bedroom in the hotel. Crazy right??
 

View upon entering the suite. Kitchen is to the right:
 

 
Random cat hanging outside the spa.
 

Last, but certainly not least, the front of my car after driving through the snow and overnight freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment