Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 1 Cross Country Adventure

Soooo, our first day of driving is done! Unfortunately, it's really not more riveting than Ilana and I drove 430 miles to St. Clairsville, Ohio.
After we passed the Welcome to West Virginia! sign, we realized we might have wanted to take a picture of said sign. Since we missed that opportunity, we got out the camera for the Welcome to Ohio! sign. We failed miserably. Or I would have attached a picture.
Still, I'm getting ahead of myself. As Ilana and I drove west, it suddenly only then, for some odd reason, occurred to me that we were driving into the sunset. Not as romantic as it sounds. Quite uncomfortable actually. Blinding, in fact. The sun couldn't set fast enough. The visor was completely useless, and unless I was wearing blackout shades, no sunglasses in the world would have helped any better than the ones I was wearing.
Anyway, in all the darkness, there really isn't much civilization out there in rural Pennsylvania. The highlights of our evening were the 2 times we passed through an area that had enough lights around to reflect off the clouds in the sky. There were actual mall outlets. Not that we stopped at any of them. Beyond that, seriously, no people. The occasional cow or horse, and maybe a random house here and there. Really, who lives in the middle of nowhere like that??
Tomorrow is another day, hopefully will get enough sleep tonight for an early start!

No comments:

Post a Comment